Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Starting my narrative accordian card...

I decided to make my narrative piece/accordian card project about something that hits home pretty hard for me. I am documenting my alcohol abuse on the weekends.


It may seem cliche, but it is something I spend allot of my sober time (which is most of my time) thinking about. I ask myself a lot of questions like: why do I feel like this?
Why do I keep coming back to this? Why do I do this nasty thing that is so bad for me? Why do I keep coming back?



I do not want to glorify or glamorize binge drinking at all. Rather it will probably seem more like a cautionary tale. I actually want to tell the story about just how ugly it is.
At the same time, I want to find the answers to the questions I ask myself by documenting the moments that can be joyful.



I already have some theories about why I do it: stress, boredom, addiction, the fear of trying something new, perhaps the people I hang out with and my very close friends. Despite the theories I have already about it, it is my goal to tell the story about how I get there, why I get there, and the ugly after math of what a night of binge drinking does to me. I want it to tell the truth and nothing but the truth. It should be interesting.

No comments: