Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Stefan Sagmeister

I liked the series that the show towards the end that read something like, "Trying to look good limits my life." I find this to be very true. Not everything in the world looks good. This is truly limiting if the only things your designs focus on are the few "good" things out there. I did like how truly seemed to be motivated by a desire to not be bored or to allow his work to seem boring. That the content and the visual appearence were both very important to him. I also appreciated his analogy of the writer that would only use a few words. A story book would not be very interesting if it only contained a few words. So why would subjects of visual design be any different. I also really dig how he was into album covers. I like making those too. Just for freinds and stuff.

No comments: