Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Edward Burtynsky


The thing I found most interesting about this man's work is that he made me think about and visualize things that I haven't before. I work for a company and almost everyone I know works for a company that gets their products manufactuered in China. Yet I never thought of all the details involved in that kind of industrial manufacturing culture. I never thought about where do they live, where did they come from, how much coal does it take run one of those factories. I liked the concept he used of bringing to attention the the not so obvious part of a reality that is very obvious. And the tires i think was my favorite because it really evoked a feeling of infinite waste. I think that idea is pretty cool to think about. Not cool in the sense of YAY waste, more like what a cool way to make people think about it.

No comments: