Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thinking about my photo book...

So after some thought and experimenting with the house pictures I have come to the conclusion that the photos of the house are going to be kind of boring. I don't have enough ideas that motivate me for this topic. I am going to move forward with my original theme. Studying the life of a drunk. What makes them tick, whats it all about, what the price is for addiction.

All this week I have been getting new ideas of things I want to try. Things I want to use in the book. One ideas is to take filmstrip series. quick shots one after another of stupid things drinking causes people to do. almost like quick little 5-7 shots that tell a story of a situation.

I also had the idea of using sobriety tests in a kind of black on black or light duo-tone for the backgrounds of the pages.

For text I might pull from lyrics about addiction. Or quotes I have heard people say about there addiction. Especially quotes that are perfect examples of the depth of denial involved, along side a photo of an apparent problem.

I was also thinking of setting up a tri-pod and tape and having an exact shot of before - clean -fresh and then an after - hung over-spent-depressed. I think there are lots of cool possibilities in photoshop for this. Basically I feeling a real strong pull to keep goin gdown this direction.

No comments: